I am an Artist and Designer with a passion for games and entertainment.
With an exciting start at LEGO many years ago, I was blessed enough to be able to explore a whole range of exciting venues and challenges as both a designer but also just as a creative person living in the world in general.
Over the past fourteen years, I had the pleasure and opportunity to work with many amazing people at great places such as Apple, LEGO, Hasbro, Zynga, and many more!
This meant I have been able to work on Children's Toys, Board Games, Video Games, Animation, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, Web3, and more!
I love being able to bring my creative passion and insight to a project to help it flourish and grow to be the best it can be both as a manager and direct contributor.
Some of my skills include:
• Project management, production timelines, asset allocations, and contract assessment.
• Team management and team building with an emphasis on cross functional collaboration.
• Strong foundation in traditional art and graphic design.
• Fluency in major 2D design software such as Photoshop, After Effects, Sketch.
• Proficiency with major 3D software packages such as Maya, MODO, Quixel, and VRED.
• Developing in Unity and Unreal for mobile ready Applications. Most recently I'm learning Godot!
• UI and UX development including wireframing, prototyping , A/B testing, and knowledge of
mobile OS standards and limitations.
• Pipeline, process, and methodology development.
• Understanding of Blockchain principles and workflow.
I am a marketing artist working across various internal projects such as games, cartoons, or comics; creating exciting promotional art content and helping support social media campaigns. While also sometimes supporting development teams with content creation for their games or properties.
My responsibilities include:
- Asset creation for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Helping with A/B testing content such as game icons and ads.
- Branding and Identity
- Logo Design
- Graphic Design and Layout
I was an Art Director leading exciting projects for Web3 and blockchain technology!
My responsibilities included:
- Work directly with Clients and Partners to scope out projects and help them bring their visions to life.
- Manage internal art production teams and external vendors to ensure the right talent to projects.
- Provide guidance for Partners about the immerging trends in the web3 industry and their fit within this exciting landscape.
- Mentor Artists and Designers to guide and grow their careers and help them reach their full potential.
- Develop project pipelines and explore upcoming software and tech for use in Web3.
- Oversee the generative process of NFT Art Projects.
I was an Outsource Manager working with multiple external vendors to help create exciting content for our Games.
My responsibilities include:
- Onboard new Vendors and Artists.
- Create Test Material and ramp up new Vendors.
- Create Specs, Templates, and Styleguides to assist the external artists.
- Oversee the creation of 2D and 3D content and provide feedback and guidance.
I worked on the Poker team to help update the current UX framework from NGUI to UGUI with a AAA workflow.
My daily responsibilities included working directly in Unity to build the interface scenes and prefabs including any required animation states and updating any art assets as needed. Along with working closely with Engineers to make sure that implementation goes smoothly.
I led a team of concept artist to develop an ambitious unannounced mobile game.
On top of creating Concept Art, 3D models, and Visual Development; my daily responsibilities included creating and optimizing the concept development pipeline, overseeing outsourced art assets, and making sure our internal and external art teams are properly equipped to function at peak performance with accurate spec templates and support materials while mentoring newly on-boarded artists.
Additionally I work closely with the developers and technical artist to guarantee a very high level of visual fidelity while maintaining optimum performance across a wide range of mobile platforms.
I was in Special Project Groups working cross functionally helping multiple teams create over 50 projects and prototypes often under very tight deadlines and restrictions.
Some of my responsibilities involved:
- Working closely with Producers, Engineers, & Developers to help with visual development for video, software, and hardware by creating concept art & illustrations of personal electronics, characters, props, vehicles, environments, and UI implementation
- Storyboarding, keyframing, and creating animatics for animation and live action video footage to help teams explore both physical and digital user experiences of hardware and software
- Modeling and texturing 3D models and UI assets and implementing them in game engines to build immersive and compelling experience prototypes
I was Lead Artist and Interaction Designer working in collaboration with LEGO and Intel to create an Augmented Reality Game utilizing Metaio’s proprietary software and Intel’s REALsense camera.
My responsibilities involved working closely with LEGO designers, Metaio Developers, and Intel Engineers creating Concept Art, 3D models, and textures of in game assets such as characters, vehicles, props, obstacles, and environments. Additionally, I storyboarded game loops and menu flows along with generating all in-game UI assets and Menus.
In addition to developing LEGO Portal Racers, I created augmented reality apps working directly with the clients, UI artists, and developers to create pitch material, concept art, storyboards, and UI assets to develop and implement robust user experiences while also helping create 3D models and textures for prototype demos utilizing internally developed proprietary augmented reality technology and software.
My responsibilities were to work with clients and developers to prototype interactive experiences through concept art, storyboarding, and creating final 2D and 3D assets to be implemented into various AR / VR apps, games, and experiences.
LEGO, Volar, Qualcomm, Clockenflap, Le French May, Valerie Collective, Kavinsky, and Naoma
Project: LEGO Fusion 2013-2014
The LEGO Fusion line was a series of award-winning augmented reality games that mixed physical and digital play and was developed by LEGO in collaboration with Visionaries 777 and Qualcomm.
My responsibilities included creating concept art and pitch material in addition to working directly with the developers and toy designers to design game loops and play features.
Projects: LEGO ELVES 2013-2015
My role on LEGO Elves involved working directly with the Art-Director and Producer to create concept art, key visuals, and graphic design along with writing and storyboarding to effectively pitch, focus test, and launch a new line of constructible toys.
In two years we successfully launched a top selling toy line for the girls market with 10 new LEGO sets, a two-part animated special for the Disney Channel, along with generating a ton of in-store and online marketing materials and TV commercials.
With the success of the first years line, we were asked to follow up with a second year consisting of an additional 10 LEGO sets.
Project: Future Lab 2009-2010
Future Lab was a team exploring products and experiences with an emphasis on future technology. I got a chance to explore and experiment with early augmented reality technology to prototype and develop possible product opportunities.
Project: LEGO Games 2010-2012
LEGO Games was a product line of constructible board games that was initially developed within Future Lab but after launching to critical acclaim including multiple Game of the Year awards, was spun off into its own team. My role on the team was to wear many hats to create and develop board games including acting as a product and interaction designer by designing the physical sets, creating the game and rule structure but also to act as concept artist by storyboarding and creating concept art for internal pitches and Kids test, along with commercials and other marketing content.
My primary task was to develop the LEGO Heroica board game line which was a fantasy roleplaying IP consisting of 6 individual board game sets, a card game, and an animated comic. Although I also helped develop many more projects including those involved with franchises beloved the world over including Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Phineas and Ferb.